SDSU offers the ACS-accredited bachelor's degree.
- Fall 2022 CHEM 100 and CHEM 200 students! Please see important information about the ONLINE Chem Placement Exam.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is searching for a new Computational Physical Chemistry faculty member.
- Check out the AZTEC Advancing Zero-fossil Technologies for Engineered Carbon Big Ideas website and video, featuring our own Profs. Doug Grotjahn, Jing Gu, Greg Holland, and John Love!
- Check out the new Chem Grad Student Association website!
- Please join the Department faculty in contributing to the Dr. Joi Weeks Endowed Scholarship to support African American students pursuing degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
|Sep 16||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Lalit Deshmukh, UC San Diego, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 23||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Eunha Hoh, San Diego State University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 30||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Yuezhi Mao, San Diego State University, GMCS-314, 3:30 PM|
|Oct 07||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Yixian Wang, CSU-LA, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Oct 14||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Mark Chen, Lehigh University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Dec 02||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Dhara D. Shah, Arizona State University, Zoom, 4:00 PM|
Interim Chair: Andrew Cooksy
Undergraduate Advisor: Peter van der Geer, email@example.com
Graduate Advisor: Thomas Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Admissions: Douglas Grotjahn, email@example.com
Other Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634
Statement on Systemic Racism
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University speaks out with outrage and sadness against the systemic racism plaguing our nation, leading most recently to the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade and other African Americans. We condemn the many actions of violence and hate inflicted upon African Americans that have not been filmed or publicized. We denounce the systemic racism that manifests routinely in the lives of our students in acts of discrimination, microaggression, stereotype threat, and marginalization, and other harmful and humiliating actions.
We stand in support of our African American students. We stand in support of our Latinx students, our Native American students, any students of color, our LGBTQ+ students, our differently-abled students, our veterans, our first-generation students, and for all groups marginalized in our society.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry will show our support in our actions. We commit to providing space to amplify their voices, and to being active allies. We commit to making our places of learning inclusive, safe, and fertile for fostering their success. We commit to standing up against discrimination in our classrooms, in our labs, and at San Diego State at large. We know that by supporting and empowering our diverse student body, we enrich our academic excellence, innovation, and success. #BlackLivesMatter