These are the people who actually keep the Department of Chemistry running.
Laura is responsible for financial matters regarding the Department.
Please see Jeanette for the following:
- Graduate Admissions Assistant
- Key issue
- Distribution of special study add codes
- Holiday Party/Summer BBQ
- Fac/TA evaluations
- Room reservations (for CSL 508 and GMCS 217)
- Seminar Coordinator
- Adjunct appointments
- Distribution of parking permits
Reneé is responsible for overseeing office matters regarding the Department.
- Refer an issue to the Chair
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Class scheduling
- TA assignments
- Lecturer and Student contracts
- Faculty/Grant contracts
- Academic Transaction Forms
- RTP process
- Faculty travel
- Commencement Coordinator
- Special Study Grades
- Faculty/Staff Attendance
- HR issues
- Evening Exam/Review Session Reservations
- Instructional Student Assistants (hiring process)
- Faculty Searches
- Chemistry Scholarships
Instructional and Technical Staff
Mass Spec Facility Director
Gregory manages our array of HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS instruments, as well as supporting analytical equipment throughout the Department.
Organic Storeroom Supervisor
Mark shares responsibility for support of all the freshman-level laboratory courses, including Chem 100, 102, 200, 201, and 202. Mark also serves as the Department's Property Clerk.
NMR Facility Director
David keeps all the Department's NMR spectrometers (600 MHz, 500 MHz, and 400 MHz) operating, and assists students and faculty with data acquisition and analysis.