Undergraduate Study in Chemistry and Biochemistry at SDSU
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is proud to have offered the Bachelor of Science degree, accredited by the American Chemical Society (ACS), to our most qualified undergraduates continuously since 1949. This rigorous program is held to the highest standards by the ACS to ensure its depth, breadth, and currency. The Bachelor of Arts degree is also available, as well as more specialized degrees emphasizing Biochemistry or Chemical Physics.
Please visit SDSU's MyMap site to view the recommended sequence of classes for Chem & Biochem majors.
Undergraduate majors in chemistry and biochemistry are encouraged to consider participation in the Department's Chemistry Club, and also to participate in available research projects.
Degree Learning Goals and Course Maps
- DLGs: Chemistry BS with ACS certificate
- DLGs: Chemistry BS with Biochemistry Emphasis
- DLGs: Chemical Physics BS (pending approval)
- DLG Map: Chemistry BS with ACS certificate
- DLG Map: Chemistry BS with Biochemistry Emphasis
- Department Grading Policy
- Chemistry B.S. Curriculum Map. This file is a curricular map of the degree learning outcomes for our B.S. degree in chemistry. Please note that this is a work in progress as we continue to accurately evaluate our courses and their relationships to our DLOs. Curricular maps for our other degrees will be forthcoming.