Research in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Please see the Faculty Directory for more information on each faculty member's research focus and current publications.
Organometallic Synthetic Chemistry at SDSU
At SDSU, the organic and inorganic chemistry programs work closely together, united by a shared interest in the synthesis of organics in conjunction with main group or transition metal elements. The principal researchers in this area at SDSU are listed below.
- Douglas Grotjahn (organometallics and bioinorganic chemistry).
- B. Mikael Bergdahl (chiral synthesis with organometallic reagents and catalysts).
- Carl Carrano (bioinorganic chemistry; x-ray crystallography).
- Thomas Cole (boron/organometallic chemistry).
- Ratnasamy Somanathan (bioorganic chemistry with organometallic reagents).