The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is the flagship chemical education and research program in the California State University system. Learn more »Study organic chemistry in Sweden! Apply here.
- The Sohl group has published its first paper from work at SDSU, a study of isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 mutations in relation to cancer. Congratulations to the authors!
- Chemistry Chair and SDSU Distinguished Professor
William Tong has been selected to receive the 2017 Faculty Award for Diversity, for his work securing and managing major grants to support research by undergraduates from underrepresented groups. Congratulations, Bill!
- Current undergraduate Eric Gonzalez of the Sohl lab and Robert Vazquez, formerly of the Grotjahn lab, are 2017 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship recipients!
- For the second time in two months, the work of Prof. Swairjo's group has been featured on the cover of the research journal, this time for the Biochemical Journal!
|Mar 24||Dept. Seminar – Andy Knight, Florida Institute of Technology , GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Mar 27||Begin Spring break (Mar 27-Mar 31 -- campus closed)|
|Apr 07||Dept. Seminar – Tom Huxford , SDSU , GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Apr 14||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Tracy M. Handel, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Apr 21||Dept. Seminar – Professor Patrick G. Hogan, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Apr 28||Dept. Seminar – Dr. Steve Chambreau, Edwards Air Force Base, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634